back Back to Jobs

Audit Senior

Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Job # 11009431
Date Posted: 05-29-2018
Audit Senior
Public Accounting 
Colorado Springs, CO
Salary: $55,000 - $80,000 
 

2-5 Years’ Public Accounting Audit Experience
Construction Industry Exp. Helpful; CPA Preferred
Excellent benes., 3-day weekends in summer, growth oppty., client interaction, laid back office

 
Company Information
Navigator Recruiting client is a well-respected 12-employee CPA firm in Colorado Springs offering audit and tax services companies in and around the Colorado Springs area. There are no overnights in this position. The firm does a lot of audits for construction companies and employee benefit plans. This is a growing CPA firm and there are opportunities to advance. Audit work encompasses about 90% of the work and will happen year-round for the most part, with special projects accounting for the other 10% of the job. The company has excellent tenure amongst its employees. People stay here a long time because it’s truly an incredible place to work. The company has a laid back environment and the partners take care of their employees. Benefits not only include the healthcare paid at 100% for the employee but also a 401k plan with a match, vacation, holidays and the office closes at 1:00 pm on Fridays in the summer. The firm aslo allows employees to work four 10-hour shifts in the summer if they’d like as well, so employees can have many 3-days weekends.
 
Responsibilities
  • Working with and for the Audit Manager and Audit Partner to help complete audit engagements for clients  
  • Perform financial statement audits and other attestation engagements
  • Building and maintaining client relationships
  • Manage multiple projects and varying tasks to meet deadlines
  • Researching complex issues
  • Willingness to participate in marketing efforts
  • Exploring new opportunities and alternatives for clients
  • Training and coaching new staff members in preparation to take on more complex assignments and additional engagements
  • HOURS: 55-60 hrs/wk during busy season (2/1 – 4/15); 40 hrs/wk in non-busy season
  • TRAVEL: All local; no overnights. There is a 3-day audit in Salt Lake City every year but a partner can go to this if the hired individual cannot.
 
 
Requirements
  • BS in Accounting or Finance
  • CPA preferred   
  • 2-5 years’ auditing experience in public accounting
  • Strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and GAAS 
  • Experience with construction industry a plus
  • Excellent written and verbal communication skills
  • Outstanding organizational skills
  • Ability to work independently and as part of a team
  • Working knowledge of audit systems and Microsoft Office programs
  • Strong analytical and creative skills
  • Eagerness to continue learning and expanding professionally
this job portal is powered by CATS
Return to top ↑