Salary: $80,000 - $100,000 + Benefits
8+ Years’ Public Accounting. Exp.
Must have strong communication, client service, tax research and planning skills
Good benefits, work/life balance and office environment!
Navigator Recruiting client is a well-established 25-employee CPA firm in Colorado Springs and is seeking a Tax Manager. The firm has low turnover and a strong group of core employees who’ve been with the firm for a long time and people work well together as a team. This firm is also growing and there are opportunities to grow with the firm.
- Professional management of compliance, planning and consulting for multiple clients
- Review and interpretation of financial records to determine any adjustments needed to prepare tax returns and compliance filing requirements
- Direct and timely and communication with clients to obtain additional information regarding their tax planning and compliance issues
- Successful research of tax laws and compliance on complicated issues relative to tax planning for clients
- Preparation and review of tax returns in a timely and efficient manner
- Supervision, development and mentoring of fellow staff to assist with client needs and professional growth
- Promotion of the firm through occasional business-building activities
- BS in Accounting or similar
- CPA license is required
- 8 – 10 years of experience and demonstrated ability in the preparation and review of income tax returns for individuals, fiduciary, non-profit organizations and small businesses
- Experience managing others and building great teams
- Tax preparation software experience (UltraTax experience is helpful but not required) and Microsoft Office software experience are required
- High levels of intelligence, integrity, honesty, motivation, and aptitude for the public accounting profession
- Ability to acquire, develop, and retain clients
- Resourcefulness and willingness to learn
- Strong organizational skills, high attention to detail, ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple projects