Tax SeniorDenver (Tech Center)Growing Mid-Sized Public Accounting Firm Offering Complex WorkSalary: $60,000 - $90,000 + Up to 10% Bonus
3-6 Years’ Public Accounting Tax Exp. & CPA PreferredPreparation, Review and some Research on CCH ProSystems, RIA, BNA55-60 Hrs/Wk MAX in Busy Season; Vacation, 401k + Match, Insurance & Bonus!
Growth is in the air at this well-respected 25 year-old CPA firm in Denver! This Navigator Recruiting client merged with a branch of a national CPA firm and now has 45 employees and maintains its own local autonomy but has the resources and backing of a national CPA firm. The firm provides accounting, tax, audit, advisory, business valuation and consulting services for Colorado companies (mostly in the $1M-$10M revenue range) in a variety of industries: manufacturing, distribution and professional services (no government or not-for-profit clients). Many clients have complex tax issues which offer opportunities for business consulting (versus a Mom and Pop “volume-driven” shop). Partners have diverse backgrounds – having come from Big 4 firms and also mid-sized or smaller firms. The firm offers very good benefits and has excellent tenure among employees (most have been there for 5+ and 10+ years).
The position will be responsible for:
- Tax return preparation (S Corp, C Corp, Partnership and some trust and estate returns) including some complex returns
- Review work, depending on experience level
- Providing business advice for clients
- Mentoring staff
- Expectation is 2300 work hours/year with 1600-1700 chargeable hours. Peak hours should be at 55 hours/week although there may be a couple weeks at 60 hours. (The firm is able to keep employees for a long time with this reasonable work/life balance.)
- BS in Accounting; Master’s in Tax a plus but not required
- CPA preferred (or CPA candidate)
- 3-6 years’ experience in public accounting tax
- Ability to communicate well with good analytical and problem-solving skills
- CCH ProSystems experience and experience working for a mid-sized or smaller CPA firm is helpful but not required