Audit Supervising Senior
Public Accounting – Reputable Mid-Sized Firm
Colorado Springs, CO
Compensation: $60,000 - $75,000 + up to 10% Bonus
3-4 Years’ Public Accounting Audit Experience
CPA Preferred or CPA Candidate
Excellent Benefits (vacation, work hours expectations, client interaction)
Navigator Recruiting client is one of the most reputable CPA firms in Colorado Springs and offers audit, tax and consulting services to public and non-public companies in a variety of industries in and around the Colorado Springs metro area. This individual will be responsible for leading audit engagements for this 50-employee firm.
- Excellent vacation, 100% paid employee medical insurance, and reasonable work hours expectations
- Discretionary bonuses
- Laid back relaxed but professional environment with easy-going management and people who work well together (no politics)
- A lot of client contact
- Potential for growth beyond this role
- As an Audit Supervising Senior, you will have an opportunity to develop client relationships and serve as a trusted advisor.
- You will plan and perform fieldwork for our audit department engagements including managing all facets of on-site fieldwork.
- You will be responsible for identifying accounting and auditing issues and performing research to present proposed solutions to the engagement Manager or Partner.
- HOURS: 55-60 hrs/wk during busy season; 40 hrs/wk in non-busy season
- TRAVEL: Mostly local, with about 3 weeks / year away but within the state of Colorado
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 3-4 years audit experience and Colorado CPA license or eligibility to attain a Colorado CPA license within the next 12 months
- Experience applying Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS)
- Experience with nonprofit organizations and employee plans preferred, but not necessary
- Experience in evaluating design and implementation of internal controls
- Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate complex audit issues
- Excellent time management skills
- Dedication to client service: meets client deliverables – both internal and external
- Exhibits core values of integrity, accountability, teamwork, leadership and professionalism