Salary: $65,000 - $75,000 + 10% Bonus + Full Benefits
3-5 Years’ Public Accounting Partnership & S Corp Tax Return Prep. Exp.
Great benefits including health/dental/vision ins., 401k, 20 PTO days + holidays & Tuition reimbursement
Navigator Recruiting client is one of the largest locally-owned Colorado CPA firms, with a 15-employee office in Boulder (and headquartered in Denver). This well-respected CPA firm has the ability to draw from other resources as it is part of an international alliance of CPA firms. The firm offers great benefits, the opportunity to grow and has been voted consistently by its employees as one of the best companies to work for in Colorado.
- Prepare or review tax returns including federal and multi-state returns for C Corporations, S Corporations, partnerships, high net worth individuals, trusts & estates, and foundations
- Identify and communicate tax planning ideas for clients, including tax research, computations and related documentation
- Plan and execute the day-to-day activities of tax engagements for various clients in accordance with Client Service Standards
- Research and consult on various tax matters; utilize tax-related software to prepare and process returns and research tax matters.
- Respond to inquiries from the IRS, state, and other tax authorities.
- Gain comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives and utilize that knowledge on engagements.
- Develop good working relationships with clients to optimize satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels to perform tax services.
- Review tax return preparation and supervise tax staff, providing review notes for discussion and coaching
- Identify performance improvement opportunities in preparation and review of client assignments
- Other job duties as assigned
- BS in Accounting
- CPA or CPA candidate is preferred
- 3-5 years’ public accounting experience with proficiency in tax compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, MT a plus, CPA a plus.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills and strong attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with RIA & ProSystems are helpful but not required.
- Strong writing skills.