Growing Small Public Accounting Firm Offering Complex Work
Salary: $50,000 - $65,000
1-3 Years’ Public Accounting Tax Exp.
Preparation on CCH ProSystems
55 Hrs/Wk MAX in Busy Season; Vacation, 401k + Match, Insurance
Navigator Recruiting client is a Colorado-based certified public accounting firm providing income tax compliance and income tax advisory services to a broad range of clients. The firm possesses an innate entrepreneurial spirit, a commitment to confidentiality and the perseverance to see each and every one of their clients succeed and the cornerstone of our success is revealed by our enduring client relationships. The firm's workflow management process enables them to allow their team members to work less demanding hours during high volume tax times. This client strives to provide a work environment that provides a work-life balance for every member of their team and are proud to offer a competitive salary and benefit packages, hands-on training and various continuing education opportunities.
This firm is currently seeking a self-motivated and talented professional for a unique and exciting opportunity. As a Tax Associate, you will be involved with income tax compliance and planning as well as developing a relationship with clients and you'll be exposed to a variety of entities and tax topics that will develop your knowledge base of income tax provisions.
The position will be responsible for:
- Preparing business and fiduciary income tax returns from client-provided financial statements and individual income tax returns for high-net worth individuals with sophisticated income tax situations
- Contributing to team objectives by providing timely and high-quality services that exceed client expectations, while maintaining a positive and cooperative attitude
- Building, maintaining and enhancing client relationships and demonstrating knowledge of each client's business
- Proactively developing technical expertise through continuing education, in-house training, experience of supervisors, self-guided research and by staying current with changes to income tax law
- Maintaining the confidential and proprietary nature of client information and firm procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (Master of Taxation or coursework towards preferred)
- 1-3 years’ experience in public accounting, primarily income tax compliance
- Intermediate to advanced accounting skills
- Experience with Fiduciary income tax return preparation preferred
- Proficient in QuickBooks, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with CCH-based software applications including ProSystem fx Engagement, ProSystem fx Tax and ProSystem fx Fixed Assets
- Experience in a paperless environment
- Strong communication, time management, analytical, organizational, listening and prioritization skills with attention to detail
- Ability to propose and record necessary journal entries, effectively work with all team members and work well under pressure to meet deadlines