Salary: $55,000 - $75,000
3-5 Years’ Public Accounting Audit Experience
Strong Technical, Staff Development & Client Service Skills
Company Voted “Best Accounting Firm to Work For”; Complete Benefits Pkg.
Navigator Recruiting client is seeking an Audit Senior to work with a variety of clients in its Laramie, WY office, which has 10-15 employees. The ideal candidate is one who has some prior public accounting audit experience. This full-service medium to large-sized firm is well-known and respected within the state of Colorado. Repeatedly named “Best Place to Work” and a “Best Accounting Firm to Work For”, this firm offers employees a generous time off and benefits package and a collaborative work environment. This firm is looking for enthusiastic, detail-oriented team players who will and want to make a major contribution to the success of the firm.
The Audit Senior is a key role in this client’s audit practice and the training ground for a management role. Here is where you get to put your skills to use and begin taking on additional responsibilities including: planning, budget management, directing, and completing audits. You also have the opportunity to begin developing and managing staff; reviewing financial statements and working on related technical accounting issues.
- Run client engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing, and completing audit engagements and managing to budget.
- Supervise, train, and mentor associates and interns on audit projects and assess performance of staff for engagement reviews; perform in-charge role as needed.
- Review work papers prepared by staff and make recommendations; gain increasing responsibility in review process.
- Research and consult on various audit matters; utilize audit-related software to prepare memos.
- Maintain a good working relationship with clients to enhance customer satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels to perform audit services.
- Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve audit-related problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Gain comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives and utilize that knowledge on engagements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA highly desired.
- 3-5 years of progressive audit experience in public accounting or equivalent with experience in a medium or large sized public accounting firm.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including proficiency in US GAAP, GAAS, and PCAOB rules and standards.
- Ability to manage and develop staff in a highly interactive team environment.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing projects in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment.
- Strong leadership, recruiting, training, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills and strong attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office and audit-related software.