Large (National) Public Accounting Firm – Construction, Real Estate, Technology, Non-Profits
Denver SE (DTC / Denver Tech Center)
Salary: $80,000 - $110,000
6+ Years’ Public Accounting Audit Experience & CPA
Newly Created Position Due to Growth
Growth and Partner Opportunity / Full Benefits Package / 10% Bonus / Limited Travel
Navigator Recruiting client is a national Top 10 CPA firm in the United States with 38 offices, 4,000 employees and a local office in SE Denver consisting of 45 employees in audit, tax and advisory services. This opportunity could start out as remote or partially remote due to COVID-19 but at some point, ideally, the client would prefer this individual to be able to come into the office on a regular basis. This firm has experienced consistent growth and a steady increase in clients and is seeking to add a motivated Audit Manager. In this leadership role, you will have the opportunity to utilize and continue to develop your analytical, operational, management, and client service skills. With your expertise, you will manage our talented staff and assume the role as mentor to coach staff on various audit and accounting technical issues. You will also be involved in new client development in partnership with upper management and participate in client meetings, presentations and proposal development. Clients typically are in the $3 - $300M revenue range and are in a variety of industries, including construction, hospitality, real estate, technology and not-for-profit. There are 11 individuals in the local audit group. If someone is committed here, the ceiling on one’s career is what he/she makes of it.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties:
- Balance multiple priorities, demonstrate proficient technical skills for handling client responsibilities and deliver a high quality work product
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional and industry standards and practices; keep abreast of latest developments and ensure professional development through ongoing education
- Serve as the client’s trusted advisor, identify client issues and conflicts and proactively communicate solution options to the client and team
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal, analytical, research and project management skills
- Think independently and problem solve in a results driven team oriented environment
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Middle market experience preferred with clients ranging from $3-$100M in revenues.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, research and audit project management skills, including proficiency in GAAP and GAAS rules, procedures and standards.
- Ability to multi-task, think independently and problem solve in a results driven team oriented environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong computer and technical skills including, Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, intranet and audit software.
- Knowledge of Caseware is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in Accounting
- 6 years of experience in public accounting or related field
- 3 years supervisory experience
- Must have active CPA or equivalent certification
- Ability to manage all aspects of client engagements
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
- Proficient use of applicable technology