Tax Senior (Could Be Partially Remote during COVID-19 But Must Be in Boulder Area)
Salary: $65,000 - $90,000 + Full Benefits
3-8 Years’ Public Accounting Partnership & S Corp Tax Return Prep. Exp.
Lacerte and/or QuickBooks Exp. Helpful
Great Benefits & Small Office Environment
Navigator Recruiting client is a 15 employee locally owned CPA firm in Boulder, CO, and has tripled in size in the 15 years since this Principal has owned the firm. The firm completes 1,500 tax returns for many S Corporations and Partnerships and Individuals. The firm also does payroll processing and bookkeeping work for 300 clients. Most clients are in a variety of industries and are small businesses with less than $5M in annual revenues. Communicating with clients and providing excellent customer service is key.
- Prepare or review tax returns including federal and multi-state returns for S Corporations, partnerships, high net worth individuals, some C Corporations and possibly some trusts & estates, and foundations
- Identify and communicate tax planning ideas for clients, including tax research, computations and related documentation
- Plan and execute the day-to-day activities of tax engagements for various clients
- Research and consult on various tax matters; utilize tax-related software to prepare and process returns and research tax matters.
- Respond to inquiries from the IRS, state, and other tax authorities.
- Gain comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives and utilize that knowledge on engagements.
- Develop good working relationships with clients to optimize satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels to perform tax services.
- Review tax return preparation and supervise tax staff, providing review notes for discussion and coaching
- Identify performance improvement opportunities in preparation and review of client assignments
- Other job duties as assigned
- BS in Accounting
- CPA or CPA candidate is preferred
- 3-8 years’ public accounting experience with proficiency in tax compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, MT a plus, CPA a plus.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills and strong attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Lacerte and QuickBooks are helpful but not required.
- Strong writing skills.