Salary: $55,000 - $75,000 + Full Benefits
2+ Years’ Public Accounting Partnership, S Corp, Individual Tax Return Exp.
QuickBooks Exp. Important
Great Opportunity to Build & Maintain Relationships w/Clients
Navigator Recruiting client is a locally owned CPA firm in Longmont, CO. The work entails individual and business tax return preparation and review (90% of the time) and payroll, bookkeeping and consulting (10% of the time). Most clients are in Longmont, Boulder and Denver and have between $500,000 - $1M in annual revenue. Communicating with clients and providing excellent customer service is key. A complete benefits package is offered.
- Prepare or review tax returns including federal and multi-state returns for S Corporations, partnerships, high net worth individuals, some C Corporations and possibly some trusts & estates, and foundations
- Identify and communicate tax planning ideas for clients, including tax research, computations and related documentation
- Plan and execute the day-to-day activities of tax engagements for various clients
- Research and consult on various tax matters; utilize tax-related software to prepare and process returns and research tax matters.
- Respond to inquiries from the IRS, state, and other tax authorities.
- Gain comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives and utilize that knowledge on engagements.
- Develop good working relationships with clients to optimize satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels to perform tax services.
- Review tax return preparation and supervise tax staff, providing review notes for discussion and coaching
- Identify performance improvement opportunities in preparation and review of client assignments
- Other job duties as assigned
- BS in Accounting
- CPA or CPA candidate is preferred
- 2+ years’ public accounting experience with proficiency in tax compliance
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills and strong attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with QuickBooks experience and tax software experience is important.
- Strong writing skills.