Public Accounting - Collaberative, Fun Team Environment
Colorado Springs, CO
$55 - 80K
Navigator Recruiting client is the largest locally owned Certified Public Accounting firm in southern Colorado. A full-service firm offering a wide variety of audit, tax, consulting and accounting services to individuals and businesses throughout Colorado, this firm has been named the Best Accounting Firm by the Colorado Springs Business Journal for four straight years. Employees have a wide range of industry experience, including small businesses, not-for-profit organizations, hospitals, construction and real estate, and financial institutions. This position may be partially remote due to COVID-19 but the chosen candidate must be in Colorado Springs.
As Tax Senior, you should be able to perform all duties of a Tax Consultant and have exceeded expectations as a Tax Consultant for two busy seasons. You will be expected to model firm values and work collaboratively with diverse groups of people, while exhibiting core values of integrity, accountability, leadership and professionalism. Within this role you will begin to review working papers and tax returns prepared by Tax Consultants and other tax professionals. You must be proficient with the tax preparation of all tax returns and be able to train Tax Consultants to become Tax Seniors while setting a positive and encouraging example in the process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review returns prepared by staff members.
• Identifies potential tax issues, performs research to present proposed solution.
• Communicates progress of tax return’s or research projects with the engagement Manager or Partner.
• Attend client meetings as requested.
• Exhibits initiative and drive to obtain an understanding of the duties of a Supervising Tax Senior and performs certain areas of those duties upon request.
• Prepares amended returns of any variety and complexity.
• Continues to develop knowledge of tax regulations with regards to answering clients’ questions.
• Develops and maintains a good understanding of depreciation.
• Continues to expand knowledge of tax issues
• 2-4 years of experience in public accounting
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (concentration in Tax a plus)
• Pursuing completion of the CPA exam
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Checkpoint, BNA, or other tax research platform technologies like Adobe Pro, CCH ProSystem fx Document, GoSystem, eForms RS, SurePrep, Tax Caddy and Colorado OEDIT System are helpful