Denver (Cherry Creek)
Salary: $55,000 - $68,000 + Full Benefits Package + Discretionary Bonus
1-3 Years’ Public Accounting Tax Experience; CCH Exp. Helpful but not Req.
Variety of Clients (High-Net Worth, S Corps, C Corps, Partnerships, International)
Expanding Company Offering Limited Overtime & Work/Life Balance; Full Benefits Package
Navigator Recruiting is engaged in a search for a Tax Associate for a 62-employee multi-location CPA firm located in Cherry Creek (Denver). This firm has expanded into Colorado recently and the Managing Partner, who has moved to Colorado, will be working directly with the Tax Associate hired. The firm's client base is national and international with many clients having a residency from two or three countries (such as Switzerland, Argentina and the United States). Common client industries are real estate investment, mutual funds, hedge funds, cannabis, and international tax. (The hired candidate does not need experience in any of these industries. The candidate will be trained.) The firm has been consistently growing for several years and there are opportunities to continue to grow beyond this role. The firm offers excellent benefits major medical, dental, vision and life insurance, a 401k, 15 days PTO plus additional days off, a discretionary bonus and pays for the Becker CPA Exam Review Course, CCH training and CPE. The firm will offer an increase in pay after passing the CPA exam. The maximum hours worked during spring or fall busy season is 50 hours per week, as the firm is staffed appropriately to keep overtime hours very low. Hours in the non-busy season are 40 hours/week.
- Preparation and filing of multi-state income tax returns using CCH ProSystem fx.
- Assist in preparing Federal and State Individual tax returns, C Corp., S Corp. and Partnership tax returns and tax accruals and file extensions and estimated payments.
- Identifying and researching tax issues using tax liability and on-line tax services.
- Calculating tax basis and tax implications of proposed transactions.
- Contacting, communicating and maintaining relationships with tax authorities.
- BS in Accounting; Master's in Accounting or Taxation is helpful but not required
- CPA or CPA candidate
- 1-3 years’ public accounting tax experience
- CCH ProSystem fx experience is helpful but not required
- Ability to travel for 2 weeks to Miami, Florida for training
- Someone who enjoys serving clients and has a passion to continue to grow and learn