Tax Accountant (Future Owner) - Fun Office!
Boulder / Longmont, Colorado
Salary: $80,000 - $100,000 + Significant Bonus, Minimal OT & Full Benefits
7+ Years’ Public Accounting Partnership, S Corp, Individual Tax Return Exp.
QuickBooks Exp. Critical
Great Growth Opportunity for Team Player
Navigator Recruiting client is a professional and fun 5 employee locally owned CPA firm in a nice office with mountain views in Erie, CO (near Boulder and Longmont) . The firm has 1,200 clients and the work entails individual and business tax return preparation (50% of the time) and review (50% of the time) and payroll, bookkeeping and consulting. Most clients are in the Erie, Lafayette and Boulder areas and have between $500,000 - $1M in annual revenue. Communicating with clients and providing excellent customer service is key. The owner has an excellent sense of humor, is very approachable and the office environment is open and fun. Overtime is minimal yet the owner rewards employees well for their time and work. The ideal candidate is someone who wants to grow and learn. A complete benefits package is offered.
- Prepare and review tax returns including federal and multi-state returns for S Corporations, partnerships, high net worth individuals, some C Corporations and possibly some trusts & estates, and foundations
- Identify and communicate tax planning ideas for clients, including tax research, computations and related documentation
- Plan and execute the day-to-day activities of tax engagements for various clients
- Research and consult on various tax matters; utilize tax-related software to prepare and process returns and research tax matters.
- Respond to inquiries from the IRS, state, and other tax authorities.
- Gain comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives and utilize that knowledge on engagements.
- Develop good working relationships with clients to optimize satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels to perform tax services.
- Review tax return preparation and supervise tax staff, providing review notes for discussion and coaching
- Identify performance improvement opportunities in preparation and review of client assignments
- Other job duties as assigned
- BS in Accounting
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant) or EA (Enrolled Agent) designation is required
- 7+ years’ public accounting experience with proficiency in tax compliance
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills and strong attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with QuickBooks is critical; ATX experience is helpful but not required.
- Strong writing skills.