Tax & Accounting Manager (CPA or EA)
Boulder, CO (NW Denver Metro)
Public Accounting - Small Firm
Salary: $80,000 - $100,000 + Full Benefits
5 - 10 Years’ Public Accounting Partnership & S Corp Tax Return Prep. Exp.
Must Be CPA or EA; QuickBooks Exp. Req.; Lacerte Exp. Helpful
Great Benefits, No Travel & Small Office Environment
Navigator Recruiting client is a locally owned 15 - 20 employee CPA firm in Boulder, CO, and has experienced excellent growth in the past 15 years. The firm completes tax returns for many S Corporations and Partnerships and Individuals. The firm also provides payroll processing and bookkeeping work for clients. Most clients are in a variety of industries and are small businesses with less than $5M in annual revenues. A key visible role in the small firm, this unique position incorporates tax and accounting and the opportunity to help small businesses in a number of different ways. You'd report to the owner and be given the responsibility to manage and grow the relationships of 50-60 CPA firm clients. This entails working with the Bookkeeping team and preparing some financial statements but will also include preparing all tax returns for the clients and advising clients (on buy-outs, retirement, etc.). Accounting (and in particular experience with QuickBooks) and tax knowledge are critical. The owner can and will train the chosen individual on some of the advisory services. This firm takes pride in providing excellent service to clients and communicating with clients is very important. The chosen candidate will likely work in the office for 5 days/week initially but will have more freedom and flexibility to work from home 1-2 days/week in time. This CPA firm offers a high amount of client interaction, excellent team comradery, a flexible and understanding environment and a full benefits package.
- Prepare tax returns including federal and multi-state returns for S Corporations, partnerships, high net worth individuals, some C Corporations and possibly some trusts & estates, and foundations
- Oversee bookkeeping for clients and prepare financials in QuickBooks (Online and Desktop).
- Identify and communicate tax planning ideas for clients, including tax research, computations and related documentation
- Plan and execute the day-to-day activities of tax engagements for various clients
- Research and consult on various tax matters; utilize tax-related software to prepare and process returns and research tax matters.
- Respond to inquiries from the IRS, state, and other tax authorities.
- Gain comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives and utilize that knowledge on engagements.
- Develop good working relationships with clients to optimize satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels to perform tax services.
- Review tax return preparation and supervise tax staff, providing review notes for discussion and coaching
- Identify performance improvement opportunities in preparation and review of client assignments
- Other job duties as assigned
- BS in Accounting
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant) or EA (Enrolled Agent) designation is required
- 5-10 years’ public accounting experience with proficiency in tax compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; Master in Taxation a plus.
- Experience with QuickBooks (both Online and Desktop, ideally, but one or the other may be acceptable).
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills and strong attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Lacerte is helpful but not required.
- Strong writing skills.