Denver (Tech Center)
Salary: $60,000 - $80,000
3-6 Years’ Public Accounting Tax Exp., CPA or CPA Candidate
Flexible Work Hours (Many 3-day Weekends!), Opportunity for Promotion
55 Hrs/Wk MAX in Busy Season; Vacation, 401k, Insurance
Navigator Recruiting client is a 40-employee CPA firm in the south metro Denver area with excellent employee retention and flexible work schedules. This firm offers much client contact, which its employees appreciate. This firm is a paperless office and believes in leveraging technology and not employees. Work hours during non-busy season (4/15 – 12/31) are 40 hours/week (with some spikes for the Sept. and Oct. busy season) but in general the firm offers employees the opportunity to work four 10-hour days, five 8-hour days or something in between during this time of year. So it’s possible to have many 3-day weekends and take advantage of all Colorado offers. This firm also offers comp. time for the first 40 hours of OT earned – to be banked as time off. For any additional hours of OT worked beyond the initial 40, those hours are paid as straight-time OT. So employees who’d like to work more hours are paid for their efforts. Typical work hours during busy season (1/1 – 4/15) peak at about 55 hours/week. The firm also offers generous benefits and the opportunity to grow. With good performance, the firm will promote from within and expects that to occur with this role. The office environment and culture is fun and very easy going. People enjoy working here.
The position will be responsible for:
- Preparation and some review of individual, corporate and partnership tax returns.
- In general, the firm will start this individual with preparing individual and small business returns, growing in complexity and that will eventually include trust returns.
- Individual returns run the gamut from fairly basic returns to complex high net worth individuals
- Business returns may be a variety but include many professional service clients like medical practices, attorneys, architects and consultants.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Accounting
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience in tax
- Good working knowledge of Quickbooks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to work 50+ hours during tax season
- Ability to take responsibility and ownership of deadlines
- High level of comfort at working with various technology systems
- Candidates should be on-track or already in possession of a CPA. Compensation will be based on relevant experience.