Tax Staff Accountant (Excellent Benefits Incl. Tuition Reimbursement)
Public Accounting (Growing Regional CPA firm)
$55 - 70K Base + Full Benefits Package
Navigator Recruiting client is a 50+ year-old well established CPA firm with a local Denver office of 30 employees. The firm takes pride in client service and offers excellent professional and personal advancement opportunities to employees through various formal career development and leadership programs. The firm is continuing to grow in Denver and is seeking someone to prepare taxes for individuals, corporations, partnerships and trusts.
- Prepares business and personal tax returns.
- Compiles work papers and other accounting reports.
- Understands technical tax issues and applies Internal Revenue Code and tax regulations to client situations
- Provides current information on progress of assigned tasks to the immediate supervisor and suggest improvements in methods of accomplishing the purpose of the assigned task.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting.
- 1-3 years of public accounting tax return experience.
- CPA is a plus but is not required.
- Familiarity with CCH ProSystem fx and CaseWare is helpful as is proficiency in Word, Excel, Teams and Outlook.
- Demonstrated foundational knowledge of technical accounting and financial reporting standards under the GAAP..
- Experience with compilations and reviews of financial statements is helpful.
- Ability to organize work and projects, prioritize, meet deadlines, and complete work in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Strong accounting skills, ability to reason and multi-task.
- Attentive to detail, self-sufficient, requiring minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills.
- Dependable, with excellent attendance record and stable work history.
- Although employees are working remotely currently, employees will go back to the office after COVID and therefore candidates must be within a drivable distance to the Denver office.