Senior Tax ManagerDowntown DenverPublic Accounting Salary: $120,000 - $160,000
10+ Years’ Public Accounting Tax Experience + a CPA is Req’d.Tax Consulting, Research, Review, Engagement Projects, Bus. Dev. & Client InteractionReputable Growing Local/Regional CPA firm w/Excellent Benefits and Growth Opportunities
Navigator Recruiting client is a full service public accounting firm headquartered in Denver, Colorado with offices in Northern Colorado, Boulder, and Laramie, WY. This firm is seeking an enthusiastic, detail oriented, team player to fill the role of Senior Tax Manager in the downtown Denver headquarters office. The Experienced Tax Manager supervises tax consulting projects, researches complex tax issues, coordinates, reviews, and delivers tax engagement projects, participates in sales and marketing efforts and interacts directly with clients. Repeatedly named a “Best Place to Work in Colorado” and a “Best Accounting Firm to Work for”, this firm offers a generous time off and benefits package. This client is confident the right candidate will enjoy the collaborative work environment in which their skill set will make a major contribution to the success of the firm. Responsibilities
The tasks presented below are general in nature. Additional specific tasks will be discussed during the interview.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
- Supervise tax consulting projects - Managers have the primary responsibility to ensure that tax consulting projects are conducted in accordance with firm standards and completed on time within budget. Candidates must demonstrate strong leadership and supervisory skills. Prior supervisory experience is required.
- Conduct fieldwork - Managers will be expected to assist in conducting fieldwork. This may include visiting the client location, touring client facilities, investigating relevant facts, analyzing accounting information, reviewing accounting detail and summaries, completing or reviewing appropriate tax computations, and reviewing or preparing written reports summarizing the findings.
- Tax law research - Managers are expected to have strong tax law research skills. Managers are expected to supervise and train staff in performing these technical skills.
- Client communication - Managers will be required to communicate with clients, and internal staff and management, both verbally and in written form.
- Manage workload - Managers will be required to manage several project(s) and tasks simultaneously. Managers are expected to initiate internal communication regarding status of tasks, relevant technical issues discovered, status of work load, expected due dates, etc. Managers must demonstrate the ability to succeed in a less structured environment.
- Participate in professional development and training sessions on a regular basis.
- Perform other job-related duties as necessary, exert critical thinking.
- Time management - Candidate must demonstrate ability to manage time, be willing to work additional hours when necessary, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- Teamwork - Managers must demonstrate experience in working as a productive team member.
- Strong verbal communication skills - both written and verbal
- Skilled and interested in business development and practice growth with a strong northern Colorado network of prospects and opportunities a plus.
- Active CPA License.
- Master degree in Taxation is always a plus.
- Medium CPA firm experience.
- A minimum of ten years of public accounting income tax experience.
- Experienced understanding of tax return mechanics.
To apply for this job, please email your resume in MS Word format to: email@example.com