Tax Manager - Excellent CultureDowntown DenverPublic Accounting Salary: $80,000 - $110,000 + Full Benefits Package
6+ Years’ Public Accounting Tax Experience + a CPA is Req’d.Tax Compliance, Client Service, Buddy & Coach Program Dress to Clients; Warm Personalities; Midwestern Work Ethic & Values
Navigator Recruiting client is a full service regional public accounting firm based in the mid-west with an office in downtown Denver, CO. This firm's #1 goal is to do the right thing for employees and clients. The firm is very focused on helping staff and managers continue to develop in their careers and meet their long-term goals. Each staff and manager has an internal "buddy" (a peer) and a "coach" and the firm conducts career mobility surveys to see if employees are happy where they're at in their careers or if they'd rather do something different (like switch departments, relocate, etc.). The company is change driven and employees are encouraged to dress to their clients and typically, a button-down shirt with khakis is all that's required. The company seeks a Tax Manager with a warm personality and Midwestern work ethic to be responsible for mainly established clients initially, with annual revenues in the $40M - $2B range, in a variety of industries (heatlhcare, non-profit, education, construction, real estate, energy and natural resources, private equity and financial services). Work hours will be no more than 2550/year and average 48 hours/week per year with the most at around 60 hours/week during busy season. s seeking an enthusiastic, detail oriented, team player to fill the role of Tax Manager in the downtown Denver headquarters office. The Experienced Tax Manager supervises tax consulting projects, researches complex tax issues, coordinates, reviews, and delivers tax engagement projects, participates in sales and marketing efforts and interacts directly with clients. Responsibilities
- Supervise tax consulting projects - Managers have the primary responsibility to ensure that tax consulting projects are conducted in accordance with firm standards and completed on time within budget. Candidates must demonstrate strong leadership and supervisory skills. Prior supervisory experience is required.
- Conduct fieldwork - Managers will be expected to assist in conducting fieldwork. This may include visiting the client location, touring client facilities, investigating relevant facts, analyzing accounting information, reviewing accounting detail and summaries, completing or reviewing appropriate tax computations, and reviewing or preparing written reports summarizing the findings.
- Tax law research - Managers are expected to have strong tax law research skills. Managers are expected to supervise and train staff in performing these technical skills.
- Client communication - Managers will be required to communicate with clients, and internal staff and management, both verbally and in written form.
- Manage workload - Managers will be required to manage several project(s) and tasks simultaneously. Managers are expected to initiate internal communication regarding status of tasks, relevant technical issues discovered, status of work load, expected due dates, etc. Managers must demonstrate the ability to succeed in a less structured environment.
- Participate in professional development and training sessions on a regular basis.
- Active CPA License.
- Master degree in Taxation is always a plus.
- Big 4 CPA firm experience is preferred.
- A minimum of six to ten years of public accounting income tax experience.
- Experienced understanding of tax return mechanics.
To apply for this job, please email your resume in MS Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org