Great Company Culture w/Low Turnover & Fun Office!
Salary: $60,000 - $75,000 + Bonus & 7.5% 401k Match
3+ Years’ Exp. Managing Large Team (10+) in High-Volume Operation
Accounting Exp., Advanced MS Excel & Word Skills & Strong Interpersonal Skills
Work/Life Balance, Great Benefits Incl. 401k 7.5% Match
Navigator Recruiting client is a stable 22-year-old management services company with 100 employees and 18 employees in the Client Accounting Department. This position reports to the General Manager who is a CPA and has many years’ experience in public accounting and in industry and has been with the company for 16 years. Most of the management team has been with the company for several years and the company prides itself on making it a place where people enjoy coming to work. This role is available due a retiring current manager who has been with the company for 13 years. This manager will be available to help train the new Accounting Manager. Hours are generally 8 am – 5 pm and 40-45 hours/week and possibly up to 50 hours/week during the busier times. The full benefits package includes: PTO, holidays, 16 hours of charitable time off/year, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, short term disability, 401k w/7.5% match and life insurance.
The position will be responsible for:
- Managing a team of 20 people (10 data entry clerks and 10 reconciling analysts). NOTE: The staff is currently at 18 and the incoming manager will be responsible for hiring two additional staff to get the staff to 20.
- Reviewing the accountants' work for clients (profit & loss statements and Schedule C reports), ensuring GAAP is applied and the work is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Generating the annual financial plan for the department (and working with the Controller to do this) and developing and executing strategic initiatives that support the company's strategy and mission (and working with the General Manager to do this).
- Ad-hoc accounting-related projects
- BS in Business (Accounting or Finance is preferred but not required)
- EA or CPA is helpful but not required
- 3+ years' experience managing accountants and reviewing profit and loss statements in accordance with GAAP
- Must have experience managing a large team (of 10+ accountants/professionals)
- Must have experience in a high-volume environment (this team is completing 300,000 accounting transactions/month)
- Must have accounting or bookkeeping experience and excellent verbal and written communication ability
- Must have advanced MS Excel and Word skills
- Experience with FinancialForce and Salesforce is helpful (though particular accounting software experience is less important as the accounting system is proprietary)
- Must be a team-player, knowledgeable in bookkeeping and detail-oriented and yet be strategic with an audit mindset, and have a willingness to represent the department well, with integrity