Tax Senior (w/Excellent Benefits Incl. Tuition Reimbursement)
$65 - 75K Base + Bonus & Full Benefits Package
As a Senior Tax Accountant, you will be a valuable member of this 30-employee local office of a 500-employee CPA firm, with offices in other states. You will be responsible for performing work of a highly diverse nature, principally focused on tax but also involving some financial operations, bankruptcy and litigation. The work would include general accounting, financial analysis, forensic accounting, and tax preparation for individuals, corporations, partnerships and trusts. Work hours during busy season are typically 60 hours/week or less. Work hours during the non-busy season are 40 hours/week. You will gain unparalleled experience in a uniquely diversified practice and be a part of a team with good comradery.
- BA or BS degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- 2-3 years’ tax and accounting experience, preferably with a public accounting firm.
- CPA license is a plus but not required.
- Although employees in this office are working remotely for the foreseeable future due to COVID, the chosen candidate must live within reasonable driving distance of the Denver office as eventually the role will be an in-office position.
- Demonstrated foundational knowledge of technical accounting and financial reporting standards under the GAAP.
- Ability to organize work and projects, prioritize, meet deadlines, and complete work in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and QuickBooks is helpful. Knowledge of CCH ProSystems fx a plus.
- Attentive to detail, self-sufficient, requiring minimal supervision.
- Dependable, with excellent attendance record and stable work history.