Public Accounting (Clients are Non-Profits & Foundations)
Salary: $65,000 - $90,000
3-5 Years’ Public Accounting Audit Experience
No Travel; Flexible – Work Virtually from Home 3 Days/Wk; 40-45 Hour Work Wks; CPA or CPA Candidate Required
Typically 5-6 Weeks’ Vacation/PTO; 6% Match on 401k (Immediate Vesting); Health Ins.
Navigator Recruiting client is a reputable well-establish local 18-employee CPA firm in downtown Denver which has experienced 60% growth in clients in the past 12 years. This firm is seeking an Audit Senior, ideally someone with some not-for-profit client experience (as non-profits and foundations are the firm’s niche) and someone who is willing to train and teach junior staff and has the ability to see the “big picture” and also can do some detailed work. This is a small firm and the right individual must be more hands-on in details than at a larger firm. There are opportunities to continue to be promoted to manager and become partner. The firm also offers flexibility and the ability to work from home a few days per week. The firm emphasizes “life outside of work” and the work hours are very reasonable for Seniors, Managers and Partners.
- Reviewing and the timely completion of audit clients engagements for a variety of industry groups in and around the Denver metro area
- Supervise, direct and review the results of the engagement throughout the process.
- Provide training, direction and supervision to staff assigned to your engagement.
- Most importantly, you will be the primary contact for the client and are expected to establish a strong partnership with the client, providing advisory services and engaging with the client throughout the year.
- You will become a trusted advisor to your clients as you continue to develop your knowledge of not-for-profit organizations and become an expert in the industry.
- Unique to this firm, all of the auditors and managers also prepare the Form 990 annual tax return for their clients. The firm prefers this approach because it feels 990s are relatively easy, information-only returns with little tax strategy required and the firm is able to think about tax presentation during their audit process to ensure seamless preparation of the return after the audit has concluded. Therefore, you will also be responsible for the oversight and review of the tax return for your engagement.
- BS in Accounting or a related degree
- 3-5 years’ public accounting audit experience
- Experience supervising staff and most of the audit process
- CCH ProSystem fx and Engagement experience is helpful but not required
- Basic MS Excel skills (the ability to filter and sort, etc.) are helpful
- A well-rounded person who is naturally curious and motivated to take initiative and leadership
- Must be able to adapt quickly to a dynamic and constantly-changing work environment.
- A fast learner with good organizational skills and a genuine passion for auditing, this role is for you. While the firm works in a team setting, it will be essential to hold yourself accountable, to be an independent thinker, and an effective leader
- Sometimes clients are unsophisticated. This firm views itself as a valued resource and a partner for all clients as the clients do come to the managers and partners of this firm for advice. The right candidate will not look down at certain clients as too unsophisticated.