Senior Tax Associate
Golden, CO (Denver Metro)
Great Company Culture w/Low Turnover & Fun Office!
Salary: $50,000 - $60,000 & 7.5% 401k Match
2+ Years’ Tax Return Preparation or Review Experience Req.
BS Degree Required; EA (Enrolled Agent) Preferred
Growth Opportunity, Work/Life Balance, Great Benefits Incl. Charitable Time Off
Navigator Recruiting client is a stable 20-year-old management services company with 120 employees and 10 employees in the Tax Services Department. This position reports to the Tax Manager who is an EA and has been with the company for 10 years, having been promoted a few times. Most of the management team has been with the company for several years and the company prides itself on making it a place where people enjoy coming to work. Hours are generally 8 am – 5 pm and 40-45 hours/week and possibly up to 50 hours/week during the busier times. The full benefits package includes: PTO, holidays, 16 hours of charitable time off/year, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, short term disability, 401k w/7.5% match and life insurance.
- Efficiently and accurately perform reviews of individual federal, state, and local tax returns and supporting documentation
- Efficiently and accurately perform reviews of partnership, and corporate federal, state, and local tax returns and supporting documentation
- Proactively and professionally interact with clients to gather tax information, resolve tax-related issues, and provide professional advice of proven and advanced tax savings methods
- Exercise good discretion and judgment with respect to tax matters
- Communicate tax return issues and results to clients in a timely and professional manner
- Provide excellent customer service by communicating in a timely and professional manner with client by phone, email, fax, mail, and in the office.
- Respond to tax notices and inquiries in a professional and timely manner
- Assist with technical tax and process questions that are presented by teammates
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with applicable relevant work experience is required
- EA or CPA certification is preferred
- 3+ years’ experience with individual or entity tax preparation is required
- Experience using Salesforce or CCH Axcess software applications is advantageous, but not required
- Experience and demonstrated ability with Excel
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to deal with pressure and meet time sensitive deadlines
- Strong attention to accuracy, thoroughness, and attention to detail
- Strong analytical, reasoning, computer, typing, and math skills
- Ability to self-research tax questions
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to provide valuable and constructive feedback to Tax Associates
- Ability to operate a multi-line phone system