Corporate Tax Senior Accountant
Industry: Inventory / Retail / Manufacturing / Mining / Construction
Salary: $75,000 - $90,000 + Full Benefits
CPA & 2+ Yrs. Public Accounting or Corporate Tax Exp. Required
LKE (Like-Kind Exchange) Exp. Helpful
Friendly Environment & Culture, 40-45 Hrs/Wk, Excellent Benefits
Navigator Recruiting client is a stable successful company in the $500M - $1B revenue range operating domestically with an international component to its business as well. This client believes in developing employees and rewarding employees with promotions and the ability to impact the organization in many different ways. This could be a great opportunity for someone who is a current Tax Accountant in public accounting who has a desire for more work/life balance yet still grow and be challenged professionally. This individual will report directly to the Controller and work alongside the Controller, CFO, Vice President of Finance and also the Sales & Use Tax Team.
The position will be responsible for:
- The accurate filing of the corporate annual tax returns
- Creating the M1 adjustments and other supporting schedules in Excel used by the external accounting firm to complete all filings.
- Coordinating and managing the timely completion of the audited financial statements
- Producing the financial statements and notes for the annual audit in accordance with GAAP.
- Research of IRS regulations
- Managing like-kind exchange accounting / processes and ensuring compliance with IRS.
- Coordinating and managing the annual pension plan audit.
- Producing financial statements and notes for the annual pension plan audit.
- Reconciling and reviewing certain general ledger accounts, creating journal entries for certain transactions.
- Producing reports on deferred compensation plans for participants.
- Managing fixed asset accounting and processes
- Improving various processes related to tax, audit and accounting.
- CPA and BS in Accounting (or related field)
- Master’s degree (in Taxation or Accounting or similar) is preferred but not required
- 7-10 years’ public accounting experience, mainly focused in tax
- Some audit experience is helpful but not required
- Like-Kind Exchange (LKE) experience is helpful
- Client or industry experience in inventory, manufacturing, retail, mining or construction (or a similar industry) is helpful
- International tax experience is helpful
- Although this role works independtly for the most part, the chosen individual should be a team player and have the ability to build relationships throughout the organization and use those relationships to obtain the information needed
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication ability
- Must be proficient with MS Excel