Tax Senior (Work From Home & Office)
Salary: $65,000 - $85,000 + Full Benefits
2-6 Years’ Public Accounting Partnership & S Corp Tax Return Prep. Exp.
Lacerte and/or QuickBooks Exp. Helpful
Great Benefits & Small Office Environment
Navigator Recruiting client is a locally owned 15 employee CPA firm in Boulder, CO, and has experienced excellent growth in the past 15 years. The firm completes tax returns for many S Corporations and Partnerships and Individuals. The firm also provides payroll processing and bookkeeping work for clients. Most clients are in a variety of industries and are small businesses with less than $5M in annual revenues. Communicating with clients and providing excellent customer service is key. The chosen candidate has the freedom and flexibility to choose to work in the office full-time, from home full-time or a mix of both (in the office 2-3 days/week and from home 2-3 days/week).
- Prepare or review tax returns including federal and multi-state returns for S Corporations, partnerships, high net worth individuals, some C Corporations and possibly some trusts & estates, and foundations
- Identify and communicate tax planning ideas for clients, including tax research, computations and related documentation
- Plan and execute the day-to-day activities of tax engagements for various clients
- Research and consult on various tax matters; utilize tax-related software to prepare and process returns and research tax matters.
- Respond to inquiries from the IRS, state, and other tax authorities.
- Gain comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives and utilize that knowledge on engagements.
- Develop good working relationships with clients to optimize satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels to perform tax services.
- Review tax return preparation and supervise tax staff, providing review notes for discussion and coaching
- Identify performance improvement opportunities in preparation and review of client assignments
- Other job duties as assigned
- BS in Accounting
- CPA or CPA candidate is preferred
- 2-6 years’ public accounting experience with proficiency in tax compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, MT a plus, CPA a plus.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills and strong attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Lacerte and QuickBooks are helpful but not required.
- Strong writing skills.