Part-Time Bookkeeper (Tax & Accounting)
Ft. Collins, CO
Public Accounting (In-Office)
Salary: $25 - 30/HR
2+ Years’ Full-Charge Bookkeeping Exp. & Public Accounting Partnership & S Corp Tax Return Prep. Exp.
EA preferred; QuickBooks Exp. Req.; ProSeries Exp. Helpful
Good Benefits, No Travel & Small Office Environment
Navigator Recruiting client is a locally owned 5-10 employee CPA firm in Fort Collins, CO, and has prided itself on providing excellent bookkeeping and tax services to clients for over 20 years. Most clients are in a variety of industries and are small businesses with less than $5M in annual revenues. A key visible role in the small firm, this unique position incorporates tax and accounting and the opportunity to help small businesses in a number of different ways. You'd report to the owner and be given the responsibility to manage and grow the relationships of 20-30 CPA firm clients. This entails working with the Bookkeeping team and preparing some financial statements but will also include preparing all tax returns for the clients and advising clients. The role could be done at 30-40 hours/week during busy season and 20 hours/week the rest of the year. Accounting (and in particular experience with QuickBooks) and tax knowledge are critical. The owner can and will train the chosen individual. This firm takes pride in providing excellent service to clients and communicating with clients is very important. The chosen candidate will likely work in the office for 5 days/week initially. This CPA firm offers a high amount of client interaction, excellent team comradery, a flexible and understanding environment and a good benefits package.
* Prepare tax returns including federal and multi-state returns for S Corporations, partnerships, high net worth individuals, some C Corporations and possibly some trusts & estates, and foundations using ProSeries tax software
* Full-charge bookkeeping for clients and prepare financials in QuickBooks (Online and Desktop).
* Identify and communicate tax planning ideas for clients, including tax research, computations and related documentation
* Plan and execute the day-to-day activities of tax engagements for various clients
* Research and consult on various tax matters; utilize tax-related software to prepare and process returns and research tax matters.
* Respond to inquiries from the IRS, state, and other tax authorities.
* Gain comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives and utilize that knowledge on engagements.
* Develop good working relationships with clients to optimize satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels to perform tax services.
* Identify performance improvement opportunities in preparation and review of client assignments
* Other job duties as assigned
* Associates Degree is required
* EA (Enrolled Agent) designation is preferred but not required
* 2+ years’ public accounting experience in full-charge bookkeeping and in tax compliance
* Experience with QuickBooks (both Online and Desktop, ideally, but one or the other may be acceptable).
* Excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills and strong attention to detail.
* Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Lacerte is helpful but not required.
* Strong writing skills.