Tax Senior (100% Remote)
Family-Oriented CPA Firm based in Ft. Collins, CO
Salary: $70,000 - $100,000 + Benefits
2-6 Years’ Public Accounting Partnership & S Corp Tax Return Prep. Exp.
Lacerte and/or QuickBooks Exp. Helpful
Good Benefits & Small Office Environment
Navigator Recruiting client is a locally owned 12 employee CPA firm in Fort Collins, CO, and is a tight-knit family-oriented friendly easy-going team with no turnover and excellent tenure among employees. The firm completes tax returns for many S Corporations and Partnerships and Individuals. This role is primarily a tax return preparation role (preparing more complicated S Corp. and Partnership returns - and the Individual returns that come with those businesses), however, the firm can incorporate up to about 50-60% tax return review work if that's what the chosen individual prefers. The firm also provides payroll processing and bookkeeping work for clients. Most clients are in a variety of industries, such as manufacturing, medical, construction and other services industries, and are small businesses with less than $5M in annual revenues. Communicating with clients and providing excellent customer service is key. Hours for this role will typically be 40 hours/week in the non-busy season and up to 60 hours/week in the busy season. Benefits include a Simple IRA with up to a 3% match, 15 days PTO in Year 1, standard holidays, and the company will reimburse the employee for a healthcare plan of their choosing.
- Prepare and review tax returns including federal and multi-state returns for S Corporations, partnerships, high net worth individuals, some C Corporations and possibly some trusts & estates, and foundations
- Identify and communicate tax planning ideas for clients, including tax research, computations and related documentation
- Plan and execute the day-to-day activities of tax engagements for various clients
- Research and consult on various tax matters; utilize tax-related software to prepare and process returns and research tax matters.
- Respond to inquiries from the IRS, state, and other tax authorities.
- Gain comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives and utilize that knowledge on engagements.
- Develop good working relationships with clients to optimize satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels to perform tax services.
- Review tax return preparation and supervise tax staff, providing review notes for discussion and coaching
- Identify performance improvement opportunities in preparation and review of client assignments
- Other job duties as assigned
- BS in Accounting
- EA (Enrolled Agent), CPA or CPA candidate is helpful but not required
- 2-6 years’ public accounting experience with proficiency in tax compliance
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills and strong attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Lacerte and QuickBooks are helpful but not required.
- Strong writing skills.