Wheat Ridge, CO
Salary: $60,000 – 75,000
1-5 Years’ Tax Preparation Exp. Req.; GL Accounting/Bookkeeping Exp. a Plus
Flexible Hours, Great People to Work With!
Work from Home most of Year, Full Benefits incl. 401k, Bonus + OT
Navigator Recruiting client is a 20 employee 65-year-old CPA firm with an excellent reputation and a variety of clients. This firm is a full-service accounting firm and specializes in providing high quality accounting services to clients including tax return preparation, tax consulting, estate planning, business valuations, reviews, and audits. Valued clients include high net-worth individuals, family owned businesses, partnerships, S Corporations and multi-state corporations. This client offers competitive salaries, advancement potential and excellent benefits including:
- The ability to work from home up to 5 dsays per week during the non-busy season (100% remote during non-busy season) and up to 3 days per week from home during busy season (NOTE: a Manager or Partner is always in the office to help with traning, questions, etc.),
- Health insurance (95% paid for employee),
- Vision insurnace (95% paid for employee),
- Denntal, life, and disability insurance,
- 401(k) plan (with a 3% match),
- Section 125 Cafeteria plan,
- 10 paid holidays and general leave,
- 13 days of PTO,
- Comp. time which employees can choose to receive paid out as bonus (paid as straight time for any overtime worked during the year) OR as extra days off,
- An additional bonus based on your billable hours and realization performance,
- CPE dues paid, and
- CPA review course materials and exam costs reimbursed (up to $4,000).
Come join this fun, flexible, team-oriented environment!
- Preparation of partnership, s corporation, trust and individual tax returns (and some c corp returns) for a variety of clients.
- The chosen candidate will have a lot of communication directly with clients.
- 55 hours/week during busy season
- The extended deadlines are reasonable. There may be one 50-55-hour work week in September and October.
- 40 hours / week in the non-busy season
- The firm prides itself on being flexible with its employees and offers employees the opportunity to work from home 100% of the time during non-busy season and to work from home 3 days/week during busy season. The firm does its best to keep their employees happy and are very focused on family.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related degree
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred, or working toward certification
- 1 to 5 years of relevant experience in tax preparation.
- Candidates must be able to work independently, effectively research issues, as well as exhibit a team-oriented, ambitious attitude.
- Candidates must possess the ability to handle multiple engagements and meet deadlines for multiple projects in a fast-paced atmosphere.
- Thomson Reuters’ Ultra Tax, Fixed Assets and Accounting CS software is helpful to know but not required.
- Someone with a sense of urgency is important.
- Someone who can communicate well is important as this firm gives its employees a lot of client contact.